WordPress Intermediate Skills, If you use WordPress, this course takes you beyond the basics and teaches you skills essential to all WordPress users.
HOT & NEW
Created by Andrew Williams
PREVIEW THIS COURSE - GET COUPON CODE
What you'll learn
- Intermediate skills to take your WordPress skills to the next level.
- About the WordPress files installed on your server
- The importance of child themes and how to create them.
- More information about WordPress pages, including parent-child relationship, page templates, template hierarchy, conditional statements, custom page templates and custom post templates.
- Why redirects are important and how to implement them.
- Quickly converting your site to HTTPS if supported by your web host (most do).
- How to speed up your site, and how to check if it is mobile friendly.
- Design stuff like dynamic widgets and sidebars, page builders, Google Maps without plugins and much more.
- Better media library control and image galleries.
- Wordpress users and roles, plus how to create your own roles.
- GDPR - everyone needs to be compliant.
- How autoresponders work and why you should use them.
- Creating different site structures using WordPress.
- Why time-on-site & CTR are important and how to monitor them and tweak elements on your page to improve these metrics.
- How to create a staging platform to work on your site behind the scenes until you want to push changes to the live site.
- WordPress developers tools built into Google Chrome, and how to use them to tweak your page design.