Useful codes & plugins for WordPress websites – 2020, Using Codes to - Improve Web security (IP), hide admin bar & plugins, disable right-click, improve GTmetrix score & more
PREVIEW THIS COURSE - GET COUPON CODE
What you'll learn
- 1. Child Theme: To create a child theme for the WordPress website; a child theme will also be provided that can be used on any sites.
- 2. Enfold Theme / Demo import: Learn about installing the Enfold theme to WordPress sites and creating a child theme to Enfold. Additionally, an example of importing a Demo website will also be shown.
- 3. Access WordPress Files / Backup Database (no FTP, Cpanel): Find out how you can access all WordPress files. You will also be able to backup database plus all other website files without FTP or Cpanel access
- 4. Website Security: With the use of IP addresses you will learn how to restrict or allow any IP address to access the wp-admin page (login page) or any other specific pages. We will not be using any plugin for this, instead of few codes on functions dot PHP (instructions provided where it is located and how it is used) and also via .htaccess (for accessing the Login page).
- 5. Disable right-click: If you do not want anyone to copy text or save images from your website then you can resolve this by adding a few codes and using CSS. We will not be using any plugins for this.
- 6. Add Read More options: You will learn how to add read more plus URL link at the bottom if someone copies any text from your website; the link will be automatically added (such as Read More at: yourwebsite). This will work on major internet browsers. No plugins but some codes on functions dot PHP.
- 7. Hide Top & Side Admin bar Menu items: Remove any unnecessary menu items (one or many) from the top or side admin bar from your WordPress dashboard (Backend) – no plugin but simple code.
- 8. Hide any plugins from WordPress Backend: Using simple codes on functions dot PHP, you will learn to hide any plugins on the WordPress website without using any third-party plugin.
- 9. Automatically update WordPress plugins: For those managing multiple websites, you will learn two ways (either using a plugin or just using some codes) to auto-update your WordPress plugins, themes, and others. You will also be able to disable notifications and avoid updates for certain plugins.
- 10. Improve Add Expires headers score on GTmetrix: You will learn how to improve Add Expires headers score on GT Metrix using .htaccess file. No need to add more plugins to your WordPress.
- 11. Cache Configuration: Learn how to configure Cache for better GTmetrix score; additional configuration tips for those using Cloudflare.
- 12. Create Custom plugins: You will learn how you can make your own custom plugins for your WordPress websites – this plugin is used to add your codes to the site so that you don’t need to work with the core – WordPress files (or functions dot PHP) for applying any codes functionality.
- 13. Regain Access to WordPress Dashboard for Internal server or Critical Error: Know how you can regain access to your WordPress site, for errors made in .htaccess file for functions dot PHP. We will resolve errors like internal server error (Error 505) or the critical error by accessing the Cpanel (Cpanel credentials is a